Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNA - Routing and Switching
Exam Name :Cisco Certified Network Associate - CCNA
Exam Code: 200 - 120
Prerequisites :Knowledge of Basic Computer Hardware and Network
IP Data Networks
- Network devices such as routers, switches, bridges and hubs.
- Protocols, purpose and operation of both the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Describe the data flow between two hosts on a network
- Cables, media, ports and connectors to connect network devices and hosts to a LAN.
- Describe the basic switching concepts and the operation of switches.
- Configure and verify switch configuration.
- Describe VLANs and the need for routing between VLANs.
- Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches.
- Understand advanced switching technologies
IP Addressing (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Describe the need for public and private addresses for IPv4.
- Understand IPv6 addresses.
- Describe the technologies required to run IPv6 and IPv4 concurrently such as dual stack.
- Understand the basic routing concepts.
- Configure and verify a basic router configuration using the command line interface.
- Manage Cisco IOS files and image(s).
- Understand and distinguish different methods of routing and routing protocols.
- Configure and verify EIGRP in a single autonomous system.
- Configure and verify OSPF (v2 and v3) in a single area.
- Configure and verify interVLAN routing using router-on-a-stick.
- Configure and verify DHCP on a Cisco router.
- Be able to configure and verify ACLs.
- Understand the basic operation of NAT.
- Be able to configure and verify NTP as a client.
- Recognize high availability HSRP
- Understand, configure and verify Syslog and utilize Syslog output.
- Understand SNMP v2 and v3.
- Troubleshoot and correct common issues concerning IP addressing and host configura-tions.
- Be able to utilize netflow and monitor data.
- Troubleshoot and fix spanning tree operation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routing issues, including OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Troubleshoot and correct VLAN problems.
- Identify and resolve interVLAN problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve switch trunking issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix ACL problems.
- Troubleshoot and correct layer 1 problems.
- Troubleshoot and correct WAN issues.
- Troubleshoot EtherChannel issues.
Network Device Security
- Be able to configure and verify device security features.
- Understand, configure and verify switch port security features.
- Configure and verify ACLs for filtering network traffic.
- Understand and identify different WAN technologies.
- Configure and verify a serial WAN connection.
- Configure Frame Relay on Cisco routers including verification.
- Be able to configure and verify a PPP connection between two Cisco routers.
- Configure and troubleshoot PPPoE